Growing up a big fan of Johnny Carson, Saturday Night Live, David Letterman and now an admirer of Jimmy Fallon's version of "The Tonight Show," it was interesting to see the studios in which all of them worked at one time. Of course, Johnny moved to Burbank, but Jimmy is doing his show in the studio where Johnny started his stint as the King of Late Night. We were fortunate to see all of these studios on our tour due to some scheduling luck. NBC cannot guarantee which studio you will be able to see, but all of them have history.
Some of the other highlights of the tour:
- An introduction video documenting some of the television history occurring in the building
- A view of the fully restored and spectacular Art Deco Rotunda
- The NBC Production Gallery
- The NBC Broadcast Operations Center
- The Tour Studio where you create your own show
I am not a huge fan of today's broadcast television industry generally, but this tour is a must-see for anyone who loved Weekend Update with Chevy Chase, Milton Berle in the early days of television or a new generation of fans of Jimmy Fallon and Seth Myers.